Saturday, July 30, 2011

Repost - Cocaine Sessions

Here are the infamous Cocaine Sessions with Brian and Dennis Wilson from 1981.



1. Yeahhh
2. Oh Lord
3. City Blues
4. Piano
5. You've Been Part 1
6. You've Been Part 2
7. I Feel So Fine
8. Heroes And Villains

+ an interview with Brian


These demos are worth owning for one reason, and one reason alone - Oh Lord. This song can best be explained by this quote from a fan site.

"Oh Lord, originally recorded in demo form during the infamous Brian/Dennis sessions at Village Recorders 81-82. After Dennis' death, Brian re-worked this track with Culture Club producer Steve Levine in July 1984 for possible inclusion on what would become "the Beach Boys" 1985. It did not make it to the final cut, and remains unreleased."

Really, this is an incredible song, and I love it to death. It still sends shivers down my spine when I hear that line "Make me sad, for everything, let me see, what there is to see." A criminally underrated Dennis Wilson song that was recorded and still remains unreleased.


Download

link 1, link 2, link 3, link 4

2 comments:

Mark Ayala said...

Thank you so much for your re-uploads! I downloaded tons of the stuff you put on this blog two years ago, but after my hard drive crashed, I lost it all.

It's hard not to choke up during the performance of Oh Lord. It's an absolutely heartbreaking song where you can feel the horror of them being at their absolutely lowest.

A-Mfan said...

Thanks for sharing this one. Very interesting session.