Friday, September 28, 2007

September 28, 2007 Update

Hey again,

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. There isn't really a ton of Beach Boys related things for me to post. And it seems a little out of place to just write about whatever.

Anyway, I've got some bad news. There is a foreseeable end to this blog. Put simply, there's just not much left to post. I am going to finish posting everything I own, and then deleting all the days of sessions I have on my computer. It's taking up too much space, and I could use the extra 20 Gigs. And I hate having my Itunes on shuffle and continually getting Beach Boys sessions instead of my thousands of other songs. It's just time to move on I suppose.

With that said, you can expect a lot of activity while I post my remaining stuff. And I won't be deleting this blog anytime soon, and if it is taken down I will rehost it like I promised. And I will still be answering emails, but I don't think I will be able to send you any mp3s anymore, everything will be available through this blog.

So anyway, if you have any questions of concerns just ask away.

In other news, the last thing I will probably doing in the Beach Boys field is finishing my documentary on the SMiLE sessions. This documentary will briefly explain the history of the Beach Boys and will then detail every day of the smile sessions, hopefully explaining some things that hardcore and regular smile fans a like never even realized.

It's really pretty time consuming, but I hope you'll all be able to see it within the next few weeks.

Also, I'm thinking about starting another blog that will focus solely on pop music. Sort of a branch out of this one. If you like the Beach Boys than you would love...{ }. I'm quite sure yet, but I would love to be able to share some of my favorite old and new pop groups with everyone.

- eric

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a real shame you're giving up, but if you're running out of Beach Boys stuff to post, then fair enough. Thank you for sharing with us, and I look forward to seeing what develops in the next few weeks.
Best wishes for the future.

Anonymous said...

Eric- Thanks for all the enjoyment through the new Beach Boys listening experiences you have brought to me through your blog downloads. All the work you are doing that benefits others is appreciated! I look forward to your pop blog!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, there is an end to the Beach Boys Universe? I thought it went on forever. Well I have some BB projects that I want to do also, but I've been so busy collecting that there hasn't been time. Looking forward to your last posts though. Hey, how about continuing this blog with BB-influenced stuff? (The new Springsteen album for example.) THanks for everything so far!

Anonymous said...

Eric_ Hi!!! I'm from Argentina and a huge Beach Boys fan!!!! This stuff you're shearing with us is a blessing!!!!
I was so excited listening some great lost stuff from the boys!!!
Thank you so much!!!
You know...I'd love to download the Led' in Hawaii live album...is it available??!
I'm a musician working on a Beatles, Beach Boys influenced album. the band is called THE KAVANAGHS www.thekavanaghs.com.ar
Take a listen and contact me!!
I promise that as soon as I get finished a very BB track to be included in my album I'll send it to you.
Best!!
Tiago

Anonymous said...

Hey Warnakey! I understand that you have don't have much more to post about the BB, but i thought it would be cool if you uploaded all the Unsurpassed Masters and "retire" with a big bang from postin BB mp3's